Felt Roofing Services
Felt roofing is a type of roofing system that uses bitumen-saturated felts to create a waterproof barrier. Felt roofing is typically used on flat or low-slope roofs, and it can be installed on a variety of building types, including residential, commercial, and industrial.
Built-up felt roofing systems are more durable than single-ply felt roofing systems, and they are typically used on roofs with a pitch of less than 10 degrees.
Felt roofing systems are installed by laying the felt sheets over the roof deck and then melting the bitumen with a blowtorch or hot air welder. The felt sheets are overlapped, and the joints are sealed with hot bitumen. Modern day felt systems include a mineral finish on the top layer of felt, also known as the cap sheet.
Felt roofing systems are a cost-effective and durable way to waterproof roofs. They are also relatively easy to install and repair, which makes them a popular choice for homeowners and businesses.
Here are some of the benefits of felt roofing:
- Easy to install and repair
- Versatile (can be used on a variety of building types)
- Energy-efficient (can help to reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer)
Here are some of the drawbacks of felt roofing:
- Not as aesthetically pleasing as other roofing materials
- May not be suitable for roofs with a steep pitch
- May not be as durable as other roofing materials in extreme weather conditions
Overall, felt roofing is a good choice for homeowners and businesses who are looking for a cost-effective and durable way to waterproof their roofs.